- September 17, 2018
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: roku support
Software Update for Roku
Roku software update is essentially needed for first time installation. After this, you have to update software on the streaming device. It is supposed to look for the latest version of the software automatically and update it during the setup process.
The player will also check for the latest Roku updates in every 24 to 36 hours and execute it randomly whenever the device comes on. However, the Roku device will function as usual during the update process. If you want to know that how Roku software update on the streaming device? In the process of the Roku device update, you may face some problems.
Roku software update issue
Sometime Roku streaming device is unable to update the latest software then you face some issues. What the reason behind this error? This question is always occur in your mind. These issues and their solutions are mandatory to know. Many reasons behind the Roku software update failure.
Roku internet connection
A good internet connection is absolutely essential to perform a complete software update. In the case of connection is weak and unexpected network disruption, the device is unable to perform Roku software update. An error message will be displayed on the screen is ‘Unable to update software’. It also asks you to manually click on ‘Try updating again’. Some error codes displayed during this time are 001, 002, 003 or 005. Then an error message is displayed within Roku’s support site itself.
If you still keep getting the error message after multiple attempts. Then your connectivity issue is the main reason for the Roku software update failure.
- Check the connection with the Roku device to the correct network. The wrong service set identifier (SSID) or the network name can lead to a failed wireless connection. To check if your network selection is correct then look under the ‘Choose your network’ screen.
- Use another device such as a mobile device or a computer to connect to the router. Then see if you can establish a network and access to the internet.
- Verify if the strength of the wireless signal is strong enough. The password entered by you should be correct and other devices should be able to access the internet. It is most probably has to do with the strength of your wireless signal. Keep your Roku device as close to the router. Farther your device makes signal weak.
Restart your router and your Roku player
In the last solution, you have to restart your router and your Roku player. Follow these steps –
- Click on the main menu option.
- Go to the setting option and scroll it.
- Find the system option and select this.
- Here you have to tap on “System Restart”.
Sometimes after doing this, the Update can start or if you are also now unable to update the Roku streaming software then you can try the factory reset option for your Roku device. In factory reset it erase all the connection or personal data from your Roku device. It takes some extra time to factory reset. Your channel list and settings everything erased if you performing factory reset. But for the Roku software update, you have to take the step. So now we discuss the Roku factory reset.
Roku factory reset
If you really need to factory reset of your Roku then you have to follow these steps for doing this.
- In the first step go to the Setting option.
- Now you have to select the Advance System Setting.
- Then click on the Factory Reset option.
- After this enter the code which is on your screen.
- You have to Follow all the instruction and your Roku will be back in a few minutes.
After doing this, Now you can able to establish a network connection with your Roku device. After the establishment of the connection. You are able to use the Roku device and Roku software updated.
I hope this will help you if you still need help or want any further discussion on this topic then talk to our experts at toll-free Roku customer service.