- November 19, 2018
- Posted by: roku
- Category: roku support
HBO Go is a famous channel on Roku and you can subscribe to this channel using a cable TV provider account. On HBO GO you can watch and streames 1500 movies, latest and past seasons and lot more. When you enjoy the streaming revolution this is the best option for you. If you have cable subscription so HBO GO is a free streaming channel for you and available HBO Go On Roku.
Now activate the HBO GO services through HBO GO Roku. If you think Is HBO GO free on Roku? HBO Go is free with an HBO subscription, but that’s the only way to access it. So, in order to use HBO GO, one must first have HBO. And in order to have HBO, one must be paying for cable or satellite ostensibly. When subscriber once subscribed to the channel, you will be able to access all your favorite HBO content, including top TV shows and movies. You can watch the new series such very popular web series Games Of Thrones Season 8 2019 on HBO 2019 Lineup Trailer (HD) Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Big Little Lies, Euphoria.
Installation Process of HBO Go channel
First, you’ll need to download and install the HBO Go app on your Roku streaming player.
- Navigate to the Streaming channels from your Roku device.
- Now search the menu and find the HBO GO Roku activate the channel.
- Click to add a channel button and wait to proceed with the process.
- After refreshing the device you may have to see the channel will appear on your MY channels.
List of Cable TV providers to activate the Channel
To activate the channel, you must have a cable TV provider account. Choose the cable TV provider from the list and get the sign in credentials
- Bright House Networks
- Time Warner Cable
- Comcast Xfinity
- Verizon Fios
- Comcast Xfinity
How to get an activation code for HBO GO on Roku:
For activation first, need you to have an activation code and your channel provider’s login credentials;
- Use the Sign in option through your device hbogo.com/activate to get the activation code.
- Entering the channel’s activation code to hbogo.com/activate.
- You can open this link to your PC and mobile phone and select Roku as your device.
- When prompt come at your screen, now enter the TV provider login credentials such as username and password.
- Enter the activation code from your TV and then select activate a device.
- After completing the process you will receive the success message on your current using device.
Note: The activation code will valid for 15 min. You can generate another code by clicking the option.
Apple, Sony, Amazon and Android devices are also supporting the hbogo.com/activate.
Roku devices that support HBO Go channel
Make sure your Roku model supports the channel before you add it to your device. This is the list of roku.com/link devices that are compatible with the HBO GO channel.
- 2nd gen Roku
- 3rd gen Roku
- 4th gen Roku
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+
How to Deactivate the HBO GO channel:
You can deactivate the HBO GO channel if you want to when no longer use it. And also, you can re-install the channel at a later point in time. You can follow the instruction below to deactivate account;
- Open your Roku home screen menu.
- Go to MY CHANNELS
- Now, search for and select the HBO GO channel and wait for the menu options to appear.
- Open the settings menu and choose the deactivate account menu followed by the deactivating.
How to resolve Service Error In HBO GO
When you are getting a Service Error in trying to access HBO GO then you shouldn’t think as if you don’t have any option to fix this issue because you have its solution. If you are facing with a service error, then you can follow the steps given below.
Update HBO GO
You already know a number of problems can be solved when you update your current version. If you are using the latest version of the HBO GO app most of the issue already fixed.
For update your app you can go to the app store on the device you’re using, then search for HBO GO followed by checking if there is an update available. If the latest version is available you can download it and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Restart your device:
After installing the newer version then you need to restart the device you’ve installed the HBO Go app on.
- Switch off the device.
- After wait for 10 seconds and then, turn on the device.
- Now, open HBO GO app and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Using play another content
If you have been getting the error when playing the same content so its a maybe a simple mistake. You need to confirm whether the issue is confined to one movie or TV show or the entire library of content. If you sure this issue is confined to a particular content, then you will have to get in touch with HBO GO help providers.
Try another streaming device
If you do not find whether the problem has occurred due to your network or the device you were previously using to stream HBO GO content. For this, you need to install HBO GO on another streaming device that is connected to the same network.
Restart your network devices
- Switch off the power of router, modem or any other device which is used for network connection.
- Wait for 30 seconds before connecting the device back to the power.
- Now, you need to connect to the internet again.
- Connect the modem back to the power and then, wait until the device connects to the internet.
- Now, connect your router to the power and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Open HBO GO app and you can see if the issue has been fixed or not.
Some Troubleshooting Tips:
login issues or an inability to view content are common problems of HBO Go service. If, after the password and login have been verified, a user still cannot log in, it is an issue with their TV provider and the provider will need to be contacted. If a user can log in, but the content is not available, that is an HBO Go issue and HBO Go should be contacted.
Another common problem is too many users or devices attempting to access the same account.
Double check with your provider to determine the number of permitted users or devices.
Now you can enjoy all the available HBO shows and movies directly through your Roku. No more switching required between cable or satellite and Roku watch everything from one device.
I hope this will help you to resolve your problem if not, don’t worry dial our toll-free Roku customer service number 1-844-573-0162 for further assistance.