- November 2, 2018
- Posted by: roku
- Category: roku support
As you know ESPN has already made its way to the top streaming devices, which include Roku as well. ESPN channel is very famous between every sports lover and they know how important it is to have a channel like ESPN &rdquo.
ESPN is also popular between top streaming devices which include Roku as well. Roku devices user can add the ESPN channel to their repertoire of channels. When you activate ESPN app on Roku you will get a direct access to live ESPN events, it shows and all the content that is available to ESPN+ subscribers.
If you are not able to activate ESPN App on Roku and face the trouble, we provide complete instructions below on how to add ESPN to your Roku channel list and how to activate the channel to watch live TV broadcasts of ESPN networks and sporting events.
Verify that you qualify for ESPN
First, you need to first verify whether or not you qualify for ESPN.
ESPN app provided these three levels of services on Roku;
Provided the live streaming of eight US networks which includes ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, ESPNEWS and Longhorn Network. Along with on-demand access to full episodes of popular ESPN, shows is also provided to the users.
When you’ve subscribed to an activate pay-TV provider, then you can access live streams of all the networks that come under ESPN along with on-demand access to full episodes of popular ESPN shows.
- You can check the ESPN network access, and make sure the whether your provider allows access to ESPN and the networks that come under it, you will need to install ESPN app on your Roku and link it to your device.
- If you subscribe of ESPN+ service, you are free to watch live sports, original content and many on-demand programs.
- If you are not a subscriber of ESPN+ service or to pay TV service you can get sports scores and watch the news, video highlights, and clips, features, and analysis.
What if you have subscribed to a pay TV service, but the provider’s name is not listed? At this time you can’t activate ESPN for live streaming because your TV service provider is not listed. And here no standalone subscriptions are available to ESPN on Roku or any other streaming device. You can watch Live programming coming on ESPN network through ESPN+.
The following list of major services allow their subscribers to access the ESPN app on their Roku devices:
- AT&T U-verse
- DirecTV NOW
- Frontier Communications
- Sling TV
Visit http://es.pn/roku for a full list of current participants, If your provider isn’t listed above. Remember that your subscription must include ESPN in order for you to be able to authenticate the channel. That means if the channel is available in your subscribe package, you can watch it. for example, Sling TV subscribers can authenticate ESPN only if they have the Orange package, which includes ESPN.
How to Install ESPN
You can install ESPN by the following method;
Install ESPN on Roku media streaming player
The installation process is very easy you can use your PC or smartphone to install ESPN on Roku. If you are using Roku player to install ESPN, you can find ESPN by the sports category through browsing after selecting streaming channels from your Roku’s home screen. Now, locate the ESPN from Roku’s home screen and once you see it select the channel followed by pressing ‘OK’. You can see the ESPN by checking your channel list after return to return to your Roku’s home screen.
Install ESPN through a web browser
With the help of web browser you can install ESPN, and for that, you will have to go to channelstore.roku.com/details/34376/espn followed by clicking ‘Add Channel’ button. If you are not already logged into your Roku account, you will be prompted to do so.
You will need to take another step for immediately watch the channel, go to the settings, and check the system update. Because channels added through the website don’t show up on your Roku streaming device until your device performs its once-daily automatic check for updates. And if you want to do nothing, This channel will show up on your device within 24 hours.
Activating ESPN and ESPN+
But, you can watch some short clips and also match highlights. Apart it won’t be possible for you to watch Live TV or any major videos. If you want to watch all those things, you will have to activate this channel on Roku, for which, you will have to follow these steps;
- Open “ESPN” app on your Roku.
- Go to the channel’s home screen you will see a menu bar at the top of the screen. Now you will have to click ‘gear’ icon for settings.
- If you are already a subscriber to a pay TV service, then select that provider’s account and then, click the ‘activate Live TV’.
- Now, take a note of the activation code that is shown on the screen, which you will have to enter at ‘es.pn/Roku’ link. You will have only a few minutes to use that code to enter the code immediately after receiving it.
- Go to your satellite or cable streaming TV service option and ‘choose provider’ screen.
- Now, enter the credentials of your TV service provider in order to sign in.
- If you are a subscriber of ESPN+ account then select ‘ESPN account’ and then, log into your account
- Go to ‘es.pn/Roku’ link on your computer or smartphone.
- Now, type in the activation code and click ‘continue’.
- Now, log in to your ESPN account. If you are not subscribed this channel, you can subscribe at www.espn.com/watch or in-channel by selecting any video that has the E+ icon on it.
Roku is always the best choice. Apart as it will be well known for your online guidance and support which it offers to customers globally.
When you feel you require customer service for leading you to ESPN service, contact our expert team by calling us at our toll-free Roku customer service number 1-844-573-0162.